Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Bits and Passages

A SPROOKJE

Under a bridge, a lubricious wodge of tatterdemalions sheltered from the rain.


THAT I AM REALLY LYING

I should say, when I say I believe this or that, that I am really lying, in a sense, since I am a complete speech-act pragmatist, and so I am only looking for the operational value in holding various beliefs as precepts to various potentially interesting philosophical practices. Though I do believe stable truth values hold within paradigms.

I would not go so far as to say that philosophy is a kind of literature, since it has definite governing aims and ways of positioning and contrasting arguments, independent from particular linguistic instantiations, and even has ways of proving things locally, under provisionally given precepts, but I would say that it is more like literature than science. 


RESISTANCE TO HEGEL

Don't you understand that your resistance to Hegel contains the seeds of your acquiescence to Hegel? By denying Hegel you are only sublating Hegelian discourse and allowing it to flourish within the edifice of your denial, which propounds the positivity of its own negativity. 


SAVE THE MOSQUITOES

In 2nd grade, apparently already an incorrigible satirist, I conducted a "Save the Mosquitoes" campaign; I made signs and passed out individually crayon-scrawled awareness-raising fliers. This was in Orlando, Florida. My teacher was more bewildered than annoyed, but she made me stop anyhow. I think it was my way of asking, "Is environmentalism hopelessly anthropocentric?"


BUT

Seriously though:
Fish people.

No comments:

Post a Comment